- The PhD begins! Moved to Miami and started a PhD at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science in the laboratory of Dr. Claire Paris.
- The National Science Foundation has granted me the Graduate Research Fellowship
- I attended a conference in Cork, Ireland on the Effects of Noise on Aquatic Life. The conference proceeding from my presentation can be read here.
- Beneath the Waves Film Festival had its inaugural year at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, in conjunction with the Benthic Ecology Meeting. We brought together scientists for a night of science communication in the form of short films.
- Featured interview on Discovery Channel Canada
- Interviewed for a short story about research in the Patek Lab